Article provided by: Healthy Living Residential Program
Healthy Living is a state-licensed and JCAHO certified center for detox in Santa Clarita with an expert team of professionals at the wheel. We are a leading Santa Clarita detox center, helping patients overcome their addiction to drugs like cocaine, heroin, meth, alcohol, marijuana, and pain medication in a home-like environment.
What drugs require medical detox?
Some drugs require drug detox more than others, and without an effective detox program in place, it can be impossible to overcome your addiction. Some of these drugs include:
- Prescription opioids - Opioids can include anything from prescription medications like OxyContin, Percocet, Vicodin, and morphine, to street drug heroin. Opioids bind to critical receptors in the brain and block the pain sensations and can be highly addictive. The DEA classifies Opioids as Schedule I or II controlled substances, and it can be extremely tough to overcome an addiction to this class of drugs without medical detox treatment.
- Heroin - To overcome addiction to heroin, it is critical to go through the process of medical detox to remove the toxic metabolites from your body. Once the heroin completely leaves your body, you will experience a wide array of unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Patients must stay at a treatment facility during the withdrawal phase to prevent adverse consequences.
- Benzodiazepines – Quitting benzodiazepines cold turkey can have several negative effects and can cause intense withdrawal symptoms. Our detox treatment in Santa Clarita, CA, can help you overcome your addiction to Benzos safely and can make the recovery process less painful.
Besides, long-term addiction to alcohol also requires medical detox. At our rehab facility, we offer the best drug detox in Santa Clarita, CA, with around-the-clock medical care and a skilled clinical team.
Can I detox at home?
You must strictly refrain from attempting medical detox at home to avoid fatal consequences. Only a licensed physician can administer a medical detox procedure in a fully equipped treatment facility.
Also, detox procedure differs from one patient to another based on the length of the drug, type of drug abused, health condition of the patient, presence of co-occurring mental disorders, etc. For comprehensive recovery from addiction, make sure to contact the best drug and alcohol detox center for assistance.
Benefits of medical detox
We offer the best alcohol detox in Santa Clarita with a skilled medical team in a world-class facility. Here's why medical detox is critical in the recovery process:
- It helps flush out the toxic remains from your system caused by long-term addiction.
- It minimizes the intensity and severity of your physical and psychiatric withdrawal symptoms in the recovery period.
- It reduces the risk of relapse after rehab treatment and improves your chances of sustainable sobriety.
- It prepares your mind and body for other psychotherapies, counseling, and treatments at the rehab facility.
- It can make your recovery phase less painful and unpleasant and can prepare you for a liberating journey towards sobriety.
Contact Healthy Living today at 661-536-5562 to get started on recovery. We are a top-rated center for detox in Santa Clarita with a customized treatment approach. In addition to detox, we also offer highly effective residential treatment in a world-class facility.Detox Santa Clarita